Menorca I The island next door
Earlier this year our team spent few days in Menorca, our neighbor island.
Menorca really is a boho little slice of paradise, with so much magic and beautiful landscape that invite to take road trips and discover all its beauty.
Ilona knows Menorca like a local, so that we got lucky to discover the best places to eat, wander, and the most epic sceneries. It was a fun work/holiday trip!
We thought you’d like to discover a bit more about Menorca, so we shared this little weekend travel guide with you.
We rent a car with Click and Rent at the airport (extremely smooth process, and so recommended to make the most of your time on this little island) and stayed at a little apartment close to Mahon Port.
This was the perfect location for us to explore Mahon and the surroundings.
Also, as we spent our days wandering and exploring, being able to cook nourishing healthy dinners was so nice!
The weather was freezing, so that evening vinos & chats in the cozy living room felt like the perfect plan.
Here go our tips for a fun little weekend trip
WHERE TO EAT:
Mercat del Pescado in Mahon Port for fantastic seafood
El hogar del pollo en Ciutadella for tapas and vino
The weather was quite windy and cold but we managed to have a little swim.
Try Binissafuller, Binisparatx beaches, and Cala Morell
This little shack on the road to Binidali is well worth a visit. You can not miss it, it’s the only one facing the cliff. Open all yer. Try their Gin with views :)
WHAT TO DO:
- Discover the magical Binibeca village, a white fishermen little town
- Wander around Ciutadella streets and port.
- Visit Pretty Ballerinas Factory (by appointment): their beautiful designs are locally and sustainably made on the island, and worn by celebrities around the world (Kate moss included!)
- Visit a cheese factory and try the typical Queso de Mahon
- Visit the world famous Xoriguer Gin Factory, taste their licors and see how they make them
WHERE TO SHOP
Shop all the looks we are wearing here